Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breakfast Adventures

My breakfast adventures end today. Yeah, I mostly had waffles dressed up different ways. Here are a few:

Buckwheat Pumpkin Nut Waffles -


French Toast Waffles - Yup just what it sounds like, waffles dipped in batter and then "fried" in  a skillet. The process did impart some smaller waffle pieces.


Waffle Hooey - What is Waffle Hooey, you might ask? Well it's cut up waffles with whatever you want on top. This time I chose a little yogurt, chopped bananas, roasted peanuts, some strawberry jam, and a little milk over the top since these waffles were a little dense.



 Banana Oatmeal "Crepes" - This one actually has a recipe attached.


They were all pretty good. Although, I have to say the waffles turned out better the second time when I divided the egg whites and yokes and super-whipped the egg whites then folded them into the just combined batter. Much more light and delicious. I think I will continue to vary my breakfasts somewhat, but I do miss my morning cereal quite a bit.

1 comment: