Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Those Crazy Meteorologists

Ok, can anyone tell me what a "Non-Precipitation Advisory" is? What on earth? Either it's going to Precipitate or it isn't, right? I only want to know if it will. Why do I care if it definitely won't? Does this mean that if I'm not located in the yellow then I will be precipitated on? And why is this an alert? 

Madi?? Help??




Lol, I looked it up and found this answer:
 
A non-precipitation advisory can be for any number of conditions
 that are dangerous, but do not involve precipitation.  These 
include warnings or watches for heat, high wind (which is 
probably your situation), dangerous wind chill
 dense fog, smoke, blowing dust, volcanic ash, etc.
 
Well since I am not in the yellow, I won't worry about such things.
 
Good day!
 

2 comments:

  1. Non- precipitation advisory- don't know that that one exists in BC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, it would certainly be considered dangerous and scary for all those BC residents. "Is the world coming to an end? It's NOT going to rain?!?"

    Haha, don't know that I've ever heard the term used though, even in Idaho. :)

    ReplyDelete