Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bread!

There were a few major items that I put on my wedding registry that I really hoped I would get. Items that, had I not received, I would have gone out and bought  immediately. One was the Kitchen Aid Mixer and the other was the Zojirushi Bread Maker. Thankfully, I got both! (Thanks GJ, GB, and GD).

So today I will feature the Zojirushi (given to me by my Grandma Bobbi and Grandad) by making a 7 grain bread that will hopefully taste somewhat like the amazing bread I had at Jimmy John's yesterday. Wow that bread was awesome. I was seriously ecstatic when I discovered I was still hungry after I'd eaten the first half of the sandwich and could, in good conscience, eat the second half.

 The Zojirushi!


This is the all the ingredients waiting for the machine to preheat and then start its cycles.

 The dough is being kneaded

In the pan ready to be baked


I guess I didn't pull the seam tight enough


But a nice looking crust


And some good lookin' slices!

Yum!

This was a good recipe! If you want to try it, here's the link: 7 Grain Bread Recipe
Make sure you let it cool before slicing into it.

(I used regular milk and just compensated by adding less water. I used all-purpose flour for the bread flour and Bob Mill's 6 grain cereal for the 7 grain. I also added some dough enhancer and some vital wheat gluten.)

2 comments:

  1. Nice! One of my goals this year is to master some french bread and some sandwich bread. So, now that its July, have I even tried either? No. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, do you have a bread maker?

    ReplyDelete